LINES OF COMMUNICATION & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES
JIS is only too willing to work with parents in the best interest of each child and institutes the following lines of communication for effective outcomes:
a. Between Student and the Highest Authority
- From Student: to Staff
- From Student: to Staff: to Principal:
- From Student: to Parents: to Staff: to Principal: to Assistant Director: to School Director.
b. Between Staff and the Highest Authority
- From Staff: to Staff
- From Staff: to Staff: to Section Coordinator: to Principal:
- From Staff: to Parents: to Section Coordinator: to Principal: to Assistant Director: to School Director.
c. Between Parents and the Highest Authority
- From Parents: to Staff
- From Parents: to Staff: to Section Coordinator: to Principal:
- From Parents: to Staff: to Section Coordinator: to Principal: to Assistant Director: to School Director.
d. School Newsletter
- The School Newsletter shall be sent out fortnightly to keep parents informed on current and upcoming events and general developments. It shall be sent home on a Wednesday, or the last school day of the week, via the oldest child in the family.
e. Class Newsletters
f. Open Door
- Teachers shall send quarterly Class Newsletters home, informing parents about current work, themes, birthdays, and new children, specific notices about outings and other events or issues of mutual interest.
- JIS/KJIS encourages parents to make appointments and discuss any matters of concern. Parents can do this by sending a note to the person they wish to see, leaving a phone message, or dropping by before or after school. The school day is teaching time and each child’s learning time; so we urge parents to respect this time. Most issues tend to be minor ones and we urge parents to address them directly to the person concerned.
- A whole school assembly shall be held on the last Wednesday of designated weeks. The primary focus is the children and their parents are invited. There is no obligation for classes to “perform something special” but rather the children and staff are encouraged to share work they are particularly proud of which they have done in class, such as songs, poems, stories, drama etc.
h. Parent – School Director and/or Section Principal coffee mornings
- This shall be an informal brainstorming, problem-solving, idea-sharing session; that may take place on designated Wednesdays.